Monday 15 April 2013

It's Spring and a Frantage Video Tutorial

Morning Crafters,

Warning - Long Post, grab a coffee, sit back and chill

I am a little excited today and a little nervous, well actually a lot nervous, lol.  Sandy and the Team have been receiving quite a few emails about the frantage that we have all been using, so I have made a little tutorial.  It's my first video, so please go easy on me, although I would really love to read your thoughts on it, but before you do I would like to show you my DT card for this week's theme with is "Spring". This to me means daffodils so I have done my card in yellow and added some blue for the bluebells.

I have used the new Maja Designs Spring Basics 12x12 and the little calendar is from the Maja Designs Spring Basics 6x6 pad. I have used an image from one of my favourite artists, Sarah Kay, I just love Sarah's images, and yes I have have frantaged this card too, lol. All products used on my card and on the video are on the thumbnails at the bottom of the post, just click and you'll be directed to the product within the Live and Love Crafts Store.



Here's a close up of the floral display and you can just see in the corner one of the metal corners which I have also frantaged along with the beads, check them out, they are sooooo cool, well not at first when you melt them, lol.  Isn't the Penny Farthing just awesome, I absolutely love it!


You can see that I have cut out a magnolia corner and also added a little frantage.  The little peg had a dose of gesso, another favourite of mine. All the edges have been distressed with walnut stain distress ink.  Again, you can see the beads clearly in this image.


And wow look at this wooden butterfly that I have frantaged and the beautiful mottley effect that it gives.  Love, love, love it.
 Lastly a close up of the image, coloured in distress inks.

O.K. now it's time to show you how I made all these embellishments using the FRANTAGE. Hope you enjoy it and I'd love to hear what you think of my first video.



If you have made it to the end then thank you.  The time just flew.  Just for a recap for you I have put some of the colours below.



And here's the products, all frantaged in their glory.  You will see in the bottom right hand corner one of the new prima clocks, doesn't it look fab frantaged, lol.



 Hope I have inspired you.

Hugs Tracy x

 Follow Me on Pinterest

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:-
ABC - L for Lovely Lace
Cute and Girly - Vintage
Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - Spring is in the air



28 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful vintage card.
Gr Elly

Tracy said...

Great tutorial Tracey. Love the accent!!!! Look forward to your next one
Hugs
Tracy

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

oooohhh!! ok firstly - your card is amazing...just love it! so many beautiful details. secondly - you did amazingly in your video! lovely hereing your voice :) I only have the chunky white but it isnt two tone like these so i really think i need to grab some!! how beautiful :) xx

Unknown said...

Great tutorial!!! We need to see how it's done. Now I might try as well. Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope that will be soon the next. Beautiful card.
Jasmina

Sue said...

WOW!! Stunning card Tracy. I adore the image, wonderful colour and such gorgeous detailing. The use of the Frantage is so effective
Thank you for a fabulous tutorial, I'll be back to take a closer look later. Thank you for sharing your skills!
Hugs Sue xx

Kelly said...

You know I could just slap myself for not thinking about doing this months ago. I have all that Frantage and embellishments and it never occurred to put them together. Wow, your creativity is rolling! Thank you so much for showing me all the ideas you have. I am going to Frantage my stuff. I love your card too, everything is just so pretty and girly. I should have you over and show me what else I could do with my stuff. hehe. I love your work.
Have a great day.
Kelly

Shazza said...

have never used this stuff Tracy so thank you for the tutorial, think I need to add it to my wish list along with the papers, the pearl string, the embellies.....oh dear
Gorgeous card x

Heidi said...

Another stunning card!
Beautiful colours and details as always:)
Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs, Heidi:)

MinnaL said...

Your card is once again stunnig ! So many lovely details and beaufiful colors/coloring. April calendar is cute ! And thank you so very much for the tutorial ! It was absolutely great ! I had no idea Frantage can be worked without Watermark.

Anne said...

Your card is so stunning! I looove the worn look and all the gorgeous details, the mixture of sweet, elegant and rough. Amazing contrasts!

Hugs, Anne.

Christina C. said...

Tracy....I am speechless! I adore your amazing card and I loved your video....thanks for sharing all of your brilliant ideas!!!! I really must get some of that embossing enamel!

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Wow everything looks so gorgeous,I love it and thanks for the tutorial,I have the shabby white and shabby pink and I'm waiting for some time to play with them,but work comes first,greetings Miranda

Words and Pictures said...

Great tutorial, and a really fab first video... here's hoping for many more! Everything was really clear, with great tips on using the Frantage... very clever to create those sample cards (love the Shabby White on the black card - wow!).
Alison xx

LindaS said...

Gorgeous card and techniques. TFS your talent.

May said...

Gorgeous card, WOW... Your colouring is amazing! The video is fabulous! Love how you have used the fran-tage! Brilliant inspiration.. Hugs May x x x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Fab post Tracy, thanks so much for the Frantage tutorial! It's so good to see it done, very inspiring hun. Hugs, Wends xxx

Teresa said...

Well done Tracy, brilliant Tutorial and I did watch it to the end 10 out of 10 xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait for my Frantage to arrive, you've got me addicted LOL. Beautifully done, Wish we lived closer I'd love to come and play, we would have so much fun! Have wonderful day
Hugs Julie P

Hilde said...

Tracy. You made the tutorial absolutely worth watching. All your cards with details are amazing
You are such an inspiration
Hugs

Unknown said...

I've just ordered the blue & pink frantage from L&LC's and as there service is so fantastic it'll probably arrive tommorrow, better checl out your tutorial! Thanks for sharing & those items look fabulous btw (I agree the Prima clock is best, but those paper clips look great too)

Grenouille Greetings said...

I loved your video, Tracy, and as I actually bought some frantage yesterday, it was serendipity to be scrolling back through your blog today. Love your beautiful card too. It's overflowing with delightful imagery and embellishments and is of course beautifully coloured. Hugs, Lesley

chrissy xx said...

Thanks sooo much for your tutorial!
I've bought some Frantage and this has certainly help me..
Chrissyxx
Would never has guessed this was a first for you...Brilliant.

Unknown said...

First of all, thank you so much for doing the frantage video, it was a great success and I think it answered a lot of questions that people had. As far as the card goes, well nothing short of spectacular again, and agree with you, the SK images are like made for vintage. Stunning and very inspiring. Sandy xx

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

OH my gosh Tracy!!! Stunning!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at By The Cute & Girly’s Vintage challenge and good luck!

Tammy, BTC&G DT from Créations LaDiva :) xx

Lin said...

Oh my goodness me Tracy. This isn't a card, it's a full on work of art. I wonder you could ever bear to part with it.

Thanks for joining us at ABC.

Lin xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this wonderful tutorial Tracy. So informative and it looks like I'm going shopping for some Frantage! ;) hugs, Angela

Rina said...

getting them all now, thank you Tracy! GREAT turtorial... us newbies could never get better without the help of these turtorials!

Rina

Sonny said...

Great tutorial!
It´s very useful for me. Thanks!
Sonny