Thursday 22 March 2012

Vintage for Mum

Hi Peeps,

Wooo Hooooo, sorry just had to get that in first...... I've reached 1000 Followers.  Thank you to everyone new and existing, I love reading your comments and receiving your emails.  I can only apologise for not doing as much visiting of late but I've had a few personal issues going on in the background and just not enough hours in the day.  I'm working on some more celebration candy, I know not more.....lol.  I'm like a bus aren't I, you wait for ages and then 3 come along at once.

Today, I want to share with you another card for my Mum whose birthday is next week.  She's not had a good time of late with one illness or another and then on Monday following a CT scan for which they thought she had Parkinson's, it showed that she has dementia.  Coupled with the excrutiating pain of her back and neck, for which she won't undergo another cortisone injection and refuses the operation, so with the addition of losing her memory she's not in the best of spirits, so maybe this card will bring a little smile.


The image is from a sheet from Marianne Designs, I really love them and they make quick cards as you don't have to colour them. This image is from the Marianne Design 3D Cutting Sheet Spring VK9523.
The die used across the bottom is the new March release Marianne Design Creatables Anja Border LR0212.  All have been inked using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink.

I have again used the beautiful Marianne Designs Craftable Butterfly CR1205
The postcard stamping at the top is a stamp by Kaiser craft "post marks" available HERE

The little tag is by Magnolia Doohickey Wrapped So lovely.  I placed it through my crimper and added some white acrylic paint, ribbon, Marianne Design Vintage Lace pack JU 0823 and charm and of course I stamped out the little letters for MUM.


The papers are all from the new Marianne Design Pretty Papers Bloc Vintage Pastels.

I think I've linked everything up so you can find it, if I haven't and there's something you'd like to know, just leave me a comment or mail me.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:-

Cute card thursday - Anything goes
DRS Designs - Butteflies
Paper crafting journey - pretty pastels
Divas by design - Distressing
Fab n Funky - Mother
Little Darlings - Colours of spring
Celebrate the ocassion - spring
Creative Card Crew - Vintage
Deep Ocean - Butterflies
Going grey with scrapcreations - Flowers

Don't forget to enter my candy HERE.





33 comments:

Scrappymax said...

Wow Tracy this is gorgeous and I love that butterfly (I can feel a purchase coming on lol). Sorry to hear about your Mum, I tell you, you wonder if it ever ends don't you. If you fancy a catch up though give me a shout.
Max x

Crea Astrid said...

What a lovely card with nice details.

Hugs Astrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Tracy,
this is really adorable.
I love it so much.
hugs

Synnøve said...

Amazing!! Love your blog!!

Heidi said...

This is beautiful Tracy, I am sure she will love it. such a pretty lady, will have to have a look at these myself. Sorry to hear about the difficult times, it is not easy and I'm sorry to say its not going to get any easier, but my best wishes to you both and hope the doctors can do something to help slow everything down. hugs heidi x

Jane said...

Oh boy, just picked myself up off the floor! Plain Jane is in awe - as I am sure your Mum will be when she sees it.
Love and hugs
Jane

Ally said...

So sorry to hear these sad and shocking news. Gosh I wish all could be untroubled by this. You really do have some nasty things going on, feel embraced by me!! Wish I could do something but I know I hardly can, cause of the miles that part us! If you ever have the urge to scream and cry, you can call me (+41 (0)56 222 8222).
Your card is so wonderful and I'm pretty sure your Mummy will love it. Let's hope that she always will remember who gave it to her.
Biggest of hugs
Alessandra

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi Tracy,
I'm sorry to read about your Mum xxx
It's rotten being in pain all the time, I know.
Congratulations on your 1000 followers, that's so fantastic!
And what a very beautiful card, I adore the flowers!
Lots of love to you and your Mum.
Mel. xxx

Arabella said...

Congratulations on reaching 1000 followers Tracy! That's so cool! Your card is gorgeous. I hope it cheers your Mum up a bit.

Arabella

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh dear your poor Mum and poor you too. Well she is going to love this card for sure! And 1000 followers, that is some achievement Tracy! Judy x

Marilyn said...

Wow Tracy... this is gorgeous! Congrats on the follower milestone but your work is lovely so not hard to guess why so many follow you. Congrats!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful Card for your Mother. I know it will cheer her up. Congrats on your followers..joann sassy raggedy

leonenkarin.blogspot.com said...

I just LOVE vintage! A specialy your card! Beautyful colors and papers! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
Hugs, Karin

Christina C. said...

Tracy, I can't stop admiring this vintage beauty.....your mother will treasure this spectacular creation!
This should definitely cheer her up.
My 92-year old mother lives with me and I'm going through some of the same issues....good luck, Sweetie!

CraftyC said...

Congratulations on so many followers Tracy and your vintage style card is divine. Love it all!!
Clairexx

Cheryl said...

Hi Tracy, Congratulations on 1000 followers !!!! Your card today is stunning , love those gorgeous dies.
Hugs Cheryl

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautifully vintage, Tracey! Hugs, Lesley

Shelia said...

This is such a beautiful vintage card that I'm certain your mom will love!! Thanks for playing along in this week's challenge at DRS Designs.

Karin said...

That butterfly is beautiful! Thanks for playing along at DRS Designs!

Anonymous said...

Phenomenal vintage creation! Sorry about your mom and I'm sure this will lift her spirits! Thanks for playing with us at DRS Designs!

Pia S said...

Gorgeous design. Love the little tag with the charm and the beautiful flower decorations.

Pat said...

Absolutly stunning card Tracy, love all the elements and the gorgeous image, sorry your Mum is not in the best of health, but I am sure she will love this card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Pat xx

Peggy said...

This card is beautiful! Great job. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

girlia said...

Gorgeous vintage look. Love all the little details in this card. Thanks for joining us this week at CTO

Дарья Ким said...

A card of my dream!Making an order for Marianne design die cuts didn't like this branch. But now after looking your masterpiece I am eager to have it!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh such elegance and beauty! Thank you for joining us in the DRS Designs Challenge! Please join us again this coming Thursday! Have a great week!

coldwaters2 said...

This is excellent Tracy, I totally adore the vintage themed creations, you have captured the essence to perfection, the image, frame, flowers also the butterfly and heart all look awesome. brilliant creation.
hugs
Lorraine x

DesignerDiva said...

Beautiful card Tracy, I love how you have added your flowers and there are so many gorgeous details!
Thanks for getting distressed at Diva's this week and good luck with the challenge
Laurie xx

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful card, I love that image and the flowers framing it. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-creations.

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What a beautiful vintage card, such stunning details, really gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for your "Welcome Spring" Challenge :)

Anne-Marie said...

Fantastic card, lovely papers and a great layout. Sorry to here about your Mum, I'll be thinking about her.

Thank you for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week.

Anne-Marie x x

Clare Lloyd said...

a stunning card. i am sure you mum loved it. x

Julie said...

Congratulations on 1000 followers - that's amazing!

Sorry to hear about your mum - hope your card cheers her up!

x