Friday 19 November 2010

Thankful

Morning Peeps,

I have been looking forward to this Friday for a while. I have some Son and me time tonight, a first in absolutely ages, and were off to see Harry Potter and leaving Dad at home. This makes a change!

It's Hubby's birthday on Sunday, so were out again Saturday night, so my crafting time is seriously at risk here of not happening. Mind you after the last two weeks that I have had I could do with a good drink! 5 new tyres, a clutch, a wheel bearing, coming out to two flat tyres on different days of the week this week and someone reversing into my Husband's car is just a small insight to say the least. Enough of me moaning!

I had to do a card for being in the Top 5 at Raise the Bar last week and as this time of year in the US is Thanksgiving, the challenge set is "Thank you". Fortunately this little stamp from Crafts and Me is called "Thankful Blessing" by Molly Harrison and is available HERE and it already has the words Thankful across it so fitted quite appropriately. I'm not particularly happy with this card, but I don't know why. My mojo has conked out, probably to do with my last post, the Pop up Easel Card, lol. Hopefully it will return as I have a few cards that need making over the weekend, but I may have to do a night shift as I have a busy one.


The papers are from Bearly Mine Designs and I have used the collection Summer Light. The frame is a Marianne Design Creatables and the flowers are from wild orchid crafts. I used the Martha Stewart Frond punch for the leaves to finish it off. Lace and bling is from my stash.

I have entered this card into the following challenges:-

All Sorts - Sketch
Little Paper Shop - Die Cuts
Stamp with fun - Square
The Shabby Tea Room - Square
Beary Sweet Challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Lets Give Thanks


13 comments:

Teresa said...

Good morning Tracy this is a beautiful card and colouring I love the centre piece too! enjoy the film we might go too!
You poor thing we have times like that too.

Teresa x

Nannieflash said...

Oh Tracy this is gorgeous such a lovely image and youve coloured her beautifully and the papers and card design is fabulous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Unknown said...

Hey Tracy, Gorgeous card. Stop by my blog I have a pressie for you :o)

Nilla said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at SWF! Hugs Nilla

uksharon said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at CCCC this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

zoe.payne said...

This card is lovely hun, the image is gorgeous. Love the colours and the little gems. Really pretty.xxxx

Dana said...

We are so honored to have you as part of team this week at Raise The Bar! This image is just darling!! I just love that banner she is holding. Your coloring on this is absolutely gorgeous!!
Hugs~
Dana

tiggertastic said...

absolutely stunning creation an amazing choice and combination of colours

Sarah x

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Fabulous card..........

Hugs
Bella

Debbie said...

So pretty ... thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

gina g said...

Wow this is amazing Tracy i absolutely love it. luv gina xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Tracy this is fabulous what a gorgeous image and the colours are wonderful, I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Juls said...

gorgeous!!!! Love the colours on this one!!! Hugs Juls