Monday 4 February 2013

Vintage Gift Book

Morning Everyone,

When I joined Live and Love Crafts DT on 1st January, Elin was threatening to set all the DT a challenge, there was lots of talk of Orange, and I was scared, I mean shaking in my boots scared, Orange is definitely not for me.  Sandy gave Elin the go-ahead with the proviso to go easy on us. I am delighted to say that Elin chose to challenge us all to make a Book Gift Box and thought it would be great to see all the different interpretations, so if you head over to LLC every day this week you will be in for lots of eye candy.

We have all followed a tutorial by Wenche which can be found HERE if you'd like to give it a go.  I changed the dimensions but the principal is the same.  I have really enjoyed creating this book and will certainly be doing more. I couldn't wait to use the new gorgeous pion papers, they are my utmost favourite, totally Gorgeousssssssss.  All links to the products used can be found at the end of the post, just click the thumbnails.



Warning , this is picture heavy.  




I stitched the main panels by sewing machine and decided to use embroidary stitch by hand the oval panel so that it looked a little different.




 Here's the book when you open it.  




 I used one of the new gorgeous new charms in store, the little, well actually not so little hand mirror. Perfect for my project. Oh and do you see the new corners Sandy has just got in.  They are available in white and cream and just look at the new colour poppies, beautiful.

 Click on the collage below to see all the small details.

 


I hope you like my project as much as I did making it.  Thank you Elin for the challenge, I loved it.  Be sure to pop back tomorrow to see Tina's Gift Book.



Follow Me on Pinterest

I would like to enter my gift box into the following challenges:-
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Totally Gorjuss - Anything Goes with Lace
Crafty Calendar - Love and Marriage
Natalie and Amy - Something Old and Something New (Aquarelle paper to make the base I found in the garage, must be at least 20 years old, my something new is the memory box frame over the image)
OOZAK - Anything Goes with your favourite colours (gosh I have so many, but lilac's is definitely one
of them)
Uniquecrafter - Lace and Fabric

28 comments:

Cordine said...

Stunning Tracy!
Hugs
Cordine

Tineke van der Linden said...

Wauw, wat een schitterende giftbox!!! Het nieuwe Pion papier is weer zo vreselijk mooi hè? Ik heb er vorige week ook mijn 1e kaart mee gemaakt.
Groetjes Tineke

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

oh my gosh just stunning tracy! this is just so beautiful...i love every detail :)

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous is this!! I love the softness and all the wonderful details, so pretty
Hugs julie P

Jane said...

Ah and there I was getting all excited to see a zingy orange creation!!
My goodness EQ you really are awesome at this - great job!
Hugs
Jane

Paper Profusion said...

Absolutely divine Tracy! That mirror charm is stunning. Nicola x

Rina said...

Ohhhh Myyyyy Vintage GOODNESS!!!

You are definately the rock star of vintage girl!!!

Rina

Karita said...

OMG!!! Seriously!!!! I must be dreaming or is this gorgeous book real?!?!?!
Tracy, you are full of beautiful surprises! Your book card is gorgeous and look at all that tulle - wow!!!
Well, you have my address in LLC Dt group ;)

Thanks for cheering up my day :)

Hugs, Karita

Lau W said...

Oh terrific ! So beautiful creation, superb details ! Love the mirror !
xxx

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful and amazing altered book! I LOVE how you created this masterpiece!!!

I think you should do a giveaway where I win....lol

Happy Crafting
Tracie
http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful and amazing altered book! I LOVE how you created this masterpiece!!!

I think you should do a giveaway where I win....lol

Happy Crafting
Tracie
http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

gorgeous this book, love the vintage look! Hugs Frea

Turwen said...

Wow!!!! This is gorgeous!!!! Absolutely fantastic!!!! Really, really stunning!!!! Great work!!!!

Greetings!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Tracy,such a lovely design and so much to look at.I have to say the items I purchased are beautiful and you have certainly used this in such a stunning way.Jacqueline.S

Christina C. said...

HOLY SMOKES........this is EXQUISITE, Tracy!!!! You created a vintage masterpiece....I'm in awe!

Hanneke said...

Wow, what a gorgeous creation Tracy! I love that flower arrangement it is gorgeous! Hugs, Hanneke

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Tracy I am blown away by this breathtaking creation, I am in awe of your wonderful creativity, this is a truly amazing project, absolutely beautiful.
hugs
lorraine x

Sue said...

Oh my goodness Tracy, this is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen!
The design is gorgeous and I love EVERY single stunning detail.
You are such an inspiration, thank you for sharing.
Hugs Sue

Wishcraft said...

Absolutely beautiful Tracy! Stunning creation :o) Hugs, Lisa x

PS. the boxes are fab, thank you hun xx

Berry said...

This is just incredible Tracy such an amazing amount of work and so beautiful! Hugs rebekah xx

Nannieflash said...

Oh wow Tracy that is just stunning, what a beautiful image and the flower spray is just gorgeous. Hope your keeping well. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Kjersti said...

What a FANTASTIC book card Tracy, totally amazing! Love it!!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Grenouille Greetings said...

S T U N N I N G! In every detail! Love the mirror and your machine and hand stitching and the beautiful flower spray on the front.
The inside is absolutely gorgeous, Tracy! Love the dress and all the sweing things and your tulle finishes everything off beautifully. Hugs, Lesley

Unknown said...

Wow! So pretty and romantic. Your attention to detail is impeccable. I am just in love with all of the different textures you used! Thanks for joining us this month at Unique Crafters Challenge!

Unknown said...

OMG Tracy, now this is vintage at its best! Wowzers, what a stunning bookcard! Love it! Such detail, must have taken you quite some time! Hugs Frea

Becky said...

wow Tracy. This is elegant! So many wonderful details.

Julie said...

The only word I can come up with is stunning! Wow!

Hugs,
Julie

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy,
WOW!!! Where do I start? I love the papers, the image is adorable, I knew you would put the vintage mirror to good use (excellent I'd say), beautiful flower arrangement and the inside is just as breathtaking; all that tulle makes it look so dreamy. And all the small details...just beautiful. Everything is so well put together - truly a masterpiece!!!

Look words came out after all...even though I was completely stunned when I saw it...but then again now I've had a few days to let it "sink in".

Hugz,
Sandy

P.S. And I've got good news for your wallet; the die I used on my bird card is the floral oval, it just looks round from that photo angle...I don't think there is a round floral oval.