Friday 1 February 2013

Especially For You Mum

Yayyy it's Friday and you know how much I love Friday's.

Men! Don't know about you but when my petrol light comes on I like to get petrol as soon as possible, I guess I'm an organised person in all respects.  Hubby always tuts at me and rolls his eyes. On the other hand when his light comes on he always leaves it as long as possible and it's always I'll get that on my way to work tomorrow, which turns into I'll get that on my way home blah, blah, blah.  Anyway I was just about to pay a visit to my craft room last night when I received a call from him saying he had run out of petrol.  Men!  I would of laughed except it meant I had to go out in the cold, fill up the petrol can and go and rescue him.  Now I can tut, tut at him, lol.

Well I can't believe we are on the 1st of February today and of course this means it's a new challenge at Live and Love Crafts.  Tina has done a fabulous sketch for us and below is my interpretation.  Just click on the thumbnails at the end of this post to check out all the gorgeous embellishments at LLC.



This is the sketch that I followed:-







Please pop over to Live and Love Crafts to check out the rest of my teamies, they won't disappoint.

Have a great weekend.



I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:-
Stampin for the weekend - something metal (frame with the word MUM in)
Sparkles Forum - Flowers and Diecuts
Crafty Ribbons - Ribbon
Its's all about vintage - lace and pearls


Follow Me on Pinterest


18 comments:

Becky said...

I think I secretly love the thrill of driving on fumes, as I'm the same as your hubby. Luckily I only work 2 and a bit miles from home, but really there is no excuse as literally just over the road to the hospital there is a petrol station, lol. Tracy, your card is stunning, as always.
Hugs,
Bex xx

Elena V. said...

it's so cute!

Jane said...

Oh dear, hubby is in the dog house eh!!LOL
Fantastic card Tracy as always.
Hugs
Jane

Anonymous said...

Very pretty work. It´s so vintage for one mum......

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love the cream and black combo with all of the marvellous texture. A stunningly pretty creation, Tracy! Hugs, Lesley

Kelly said...

Gorgeous Vintage and very interesting in style. I never thought about putting a banner on a spool, I need to try that. I love what you did!
Hugs Kelly

Tineke van der Linden said...

Wauw, wat een schitterende kaart!!! Ik hou van vintage.
Groetjes Tineke

Sandy said...

Beautiful and romantic Tracy!
Sandy

Jayne A said...

Stunning card.
Hugs
Jayne

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy, black is a colour I find a bit difficult to use, but you always make it look great and it adds such drama. Yellow is another colour that is not exactly in my Top3 or Top5...:-) but it also fits in so well on this card. Stunning creation as always!

Hugz,
Sandy

P.S. In our household it's the other way around...hubby freaks out when the petrol light comes on, and I'm the one who stays cool...except for once when we were taking what we thought were a shortcut over the mountains from H1 back to San Jose....no petrol station for miles and miles....luckily it was mostly downhill, otherwise I don't think we'd have made it. The longest 30 mins drive of my life...

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous card!! I love all your elements.

Just started following your blog. I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful work.

Happy Crafting
Tracie
http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

xxxtglxxx said...

Oh I had to chuckle at your story. I hope you dont let him forget that in a hurry! lol :)

Your card is so beautiful hun, love the dark constrast against the delicate and soft papers.

hugs

xxalisonxx

xxxtglxxx said...

Oh I had to chuckle at your story. I hope you dont let him forget that in a hurry! lol :)

Your card is so beautiful hun, love the dark constrast against the delicate and soft papers.

hugs

xxalisonxx

pinky said...

That is so so pretty Tracy. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this time.
Pinky

Karen said...

This is absolutely amazing honey!
Love it!

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this fortnight and good luck!



Hugs,

Karen -DT.xx


Unknown said...

your card is something very special - it´s fantastic;)
thank you for joining it´s all about the vintage and beuati challence!

Anonymous said...

thanks for join in at It's all about the Vontage
Elma

Helen said...

Great card. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.

Hugs Helen xx