Wednesday 1 February 2012

Red Riding Hood

Hi Everyone,

I've still been a bit poorly with little sleep or inspiration.  I didn't venture into yesterday today and thought I'd be able to catch up on my sleep.  When I leave for work in the morning at 07:30 I usually pop Ollie the pup in my daughters bedroom and he usually falls back to sleep on top of the bed, so I thought this morning I would get up and bring him into my bedroom. Wrong! As soon as I brought him upstairs the door bell rang, driver collecting a parcel which set him off.  I returned with coffee and at 08:00 doorbell goes again, parcel for daughter.  You'd think I was the only one living at my house, daughter still in bed and son just about to leave and i'm the only one who can open the door!  Just settled again when Ollie found some socks on the floor and scarpered under my bed.  I managed to retrieve them and hide them under hubby's side of the bed.  He seemed to settle and I finally got under my covers set to get at least another 30 minutes sleep, right.......nope. He had sneakily pulled back the covers on OH's side and found the hidden socks and was munching again.  I decided this wasn't going to work and came downstairs, let him out in the garden for him to do his bicon buzz. Then I thought a shower might make me feel better but someone, daughter grrrrrrrr, had switched the hot water onto off instead of timed, it really wasn't my day...............

Rant over.  I have a new card for you which I did for the Copic Marker Europe blog and also my DT card for the Crafts and Me Challenge which is bright colours and I figured "Red" was bright, right. Have you seen the new artist at Crafts and Me????? Her name is Zindy Nielsen and she has the most amazing life images.  I have used Red Riding Hood and coloured the image in black and white with only her hood in red.  I'm loving this colour combination at the moment.

I would normally match my papers to my copic chart to pick out the colours I am going to use but as I have used mainly black cardstock and white papers, it didn't matter which colour markers I chose to work with, but I was looking for a strong red, so went for R35, R37, R39, R89 and C7 for the darker shaded areas.




I have used most of the Cool Greys. I coloured her dress using C3, C1, C00

The tress in the background have also been coloured with the same combination.



I have used C1, C00 on her face with only a touch of C3 for the shading areas.  I didn't want her face to look dirty. For the trees in the foreground I have used C5, C3, C1, COO and for her hair I have used C7, C5, C3.  By using different combinations of the greys I have tried to make the image contrast rather than appearing flat by using one combinatiion everywhere.  Hopefully you can see this.

Ingredients:-

Red Riding Hood Image by Crafts and Me
Snowflake Vellum Embossed paper by papermania
Magnolia Doohickey Die
Square Doily
Snowtex

10 comments:

Jane said...

Great card again Tracy, and I do hope you start to feel better soon.
Hugs
Jane

Unknown said...

Oh Tracy
What a day for sure! I hope today is much better for you!
I love the red riding hood card. The shading is very good for sure!

I like the dark images and the technique really worked!
Have a good latte and share some more soon!

Hugs Tammy

Hanneke said...

Wow, this is a stunning card! Love the colors and that image. The red is gorgeous! Hugs, Hanneke

Christina C. said...

Totally breathtaking! What a gorgeously colored image and your design is a work of art!

Unknown said...

Hi tracy, gorgeous card, love that bright red against the black and white background! Seen this image before, I really like the mysterious look it has. Hugs, Frea

Berry said...

This is stunning Tracy love the colours on this, pity about your not so restful morning sounds like our house lol! Hugs Rebekah xx

Nannieflash said...

Wow Tracey that is stunning I love the colouring its so spooky and beautiful. hugs Shirleyxxx

Julie said...

Amazing colouring on this card - you've done a fab job and it's really striking! x

Ally said...

this is absolutely fantastic, Lady!!
Hey, peeps, you really should comment this card!!! Not just silly looky-looking :o)
Hugs, Alessandra

Waseem said...

Great idea and card...Do you have Gift Card envelopes for it.