Tuesday 21 February 2012

A Basket of Poppies

Hi Peeps,

Today's card is a little different from my normal choice of cute images and is my DT card for the Copic Marker Eurpope Blog.  If you've not been over in a while you really should check out the inspiration.  A diverse team with so many different styles so always something different to see. And... did you know we have a challenge going on.  It's an easy one, "doodling".  Just include some doodling on your creation and there's also a tutorial on this.  You can check it all out HERE.

O.K. onto my card.  I chose my paper first which is by Magnolia and is a vintage red.  When placed next to my copic chart matched perfectly to the "R80" range. My image is  floral display of Poppies from Tiffany Doodles.


I have coloured some of the poppies using R85, R83, R81 and then coloured some using R89, R85, R83.  By just replacing one copic (R81 for R89) creates a darker shade and gives a contrast in the colours as you can see.


For the leaves I have used YG67, YG63, G20.

The basket placed at the bottom of the floral poppies was cut using the 

Marianne D Craftables - Flower Basket (CR1208)



I gave the poppies some dimension by adding foam tape so they stand out from the basket.



I really hope you have enjoyed seeing something different from me today and I appreciate any comments you may leave.

Ingredients:-
Martha Stewart Love Heart Punch
Papers by Magnolia
Martha Stewart Love Heart Border Punch
Cheeselcloth
Cheesecloth
Snowtex


14 comments:

Ally said...

it looks fantastic, Hun! Love the wonderful flowers!
Hugs, Alessandra

Cheryl said...

Hi Tracy , your poppies are stunning, I love the R80's in the copics , I am missing the R89 , I will have to get that one now lol. Your whole card is really beautiful tfs.
Hugs Cheryl

Teresa said...

Beautiful card Tracy, just stunning
Have a great day, Teresa xx

Exclusively by Mel said...

Tracy your card is beautiful!
I love the little basket.
It's all so pretty!
Love, Mel. xxx

Unknown said...

Tracy this is really cute and I love the design.

I have My First free candy on my blog if you want to enter the drawing.
 
Hugs Tammy Ortiz
Blog: http://tammyscrapincorner.blogspot.com/

Berry said...

Beautiful work Tracy hugs Rebekah xx

marion said...

Really love the way you've coloured those flowers !! Hugs, Marion

Unknown said...

Oh Tracy this is just beautiful.I love the lace .

Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy, goodness me this is brilliant, love that bunch of poppies! Hugs, Frea

coldwaters2 said...

Wow, wow, wow, Tracy this is stunning, those flowers look as if you could reach out and touch the softness of their petals, the hearts, flowers and design look superb.
hugs
Lorraine x

Cor* said...

oooooooo this is so pretty! love the shabby feel! Great coloring!

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful and so elegant, what a gorgeous card, love it xx

Anonymous said...

Flowers look so beautiful in this cards.Color combination are so wonderful.This cards backgrounds look really creative.

Debt Recovery

Grenouille Greetings said...

What a beauty! Absolutely gorgeous! Fabulous textures and design elements! Hugs, Lesley