Wednesday 18 January 2012

Pure as Snow

Hi Peeps,

I would just like to say a warm welcome to my new followers, waving to you.  I would also like to say I have been so busy that I haven't got round to leaving you all some love lately.  I did try to catch up in my lunch hour on my iphone but experienced white screens which some are saying is due to your internet browser but on my phone it's Safari, so not sure if its the same problem?

It's Wednesday, half way through the week and I can honestly say I knackered, don't know why but I haven't been sleeping well lately, too much on my mind I think.  I have some personal stuff going on that I haven't wanted to bore you all with, my Mum's been ill, my Mother in law went into hospital boxing day but she's doing well now and sadly my Brother-in-law being diagnosed with kidney disease to name but a few.

I have to go straight to the gym tonight, I've been so busy I only managed twice last week and I really need to make it 3 times a week, I want to get extra fit as I'm aiming to do the London to Brighton Bike Ride in June, yikes.

Today over at Crafts and Me we have a challenge that I haven't seen very often, actually I'm not sure if I have seen it anywhere at all, anyway, Gina is challenging us to use those "Pins".  I have used our new artist Zindy Nielsen's "First Snow", Wow I love these images and I also decided to her colour black and white.  I used all my grays ranging from C9 through to C00.



I have only used one paper which is an embossed vellum by Papermania, very beautiful and it glitters too.


I hand drew the little trees at the back just like in Zindy's original.

Hope you like it and as always I look forward to your comments.

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:-

cupcake craftroom - anything goes
Freshly brewed - something new (stamp and red flowers)
Deep ocean challenge - Sparkling/Glitter (glitter embossed vellum)
My time to craft - favourite embellishment (flowers)
Cupcake craft - Born on a winters day
Creative craft - Winters day
Let's ink it up - Anything Goes

22 comments:

Ally said...

aaaaw, Sweetie, that's sad to hear, I hope everything will get back to normal and wonders come to your family, I hate hearing that family members are ill!
It's a wonderful card, love the black and white!
Hugs, Alessandra

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Tracy...fabulous colouring...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Berry said...

Stunning work Tracy love how you have drawn in some background. Sorry to hear about you family issues too.
Lots of folks are having problems with blogger so it was probably nothing to do with your phone either Hugs Rebekah xx

Nannieflash said...

Oh Claire that is such a gorgeous image and I do love your colour choice, the card is stunning. Hope the family soon improve love. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Cheryl said...

Hi Tracy, WOW this is beautiful , I love the black and white image , your colouring is amazing.
Hugs Cheryl

Hanneke said...

Wow Tracy, your coloring is great, love the grey tones and those little trees you've drawn. I am so sorry to hear that your family members are having health issues! I hope that they will get better soon. Hugs, Hanneke

Christina C. said...

Absolutely phenomenal, Tracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne said...

Oh, this is very pretty! Amazing coloring and the rest of the card looks great.

Hugs, Anne.

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy, this is soo gorgeous, love your black and white colouring of the image! HUgs, Frea

Christina said...

This is absolutely stunning and such a great colorwork!
Hugs Kristel

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

This looks great in black and white and you did a fabulous job with the trees in the background - really completes the look! Love it! :D

angelwhispers said...

Gosh Tracey just fabulous colouring looks wonderful! Chanelle xxx

Debbie Pamment said...

WOWsers Tracy - this is GORGEOUS! The B&W is done to perfection and I love the litte bg trees and the pop of red in the flowers! BEAUTIFUL! And stunning new image too!
xXx

Kreatives von Andrea said...

Was für ein gigantisches Motiv und so ein tolle Karte...

Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Kreative Stempelfreunde.

Einen lieben Gruß von Andrea

Lisa Lynn said...

Love the coloring of this card - it is gorgeous!

coldwaters2 said...

This one is so eye-catching, that image is stunning so are the papers and flowers, wow, I love it.
hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Again Tracy a stunning card, adore the image. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at LIIU, good luck. Hugz Suzanne.

PS Just popping over to check out these stamps.

Stempelhexe said...

Ein tolles Motiv und wunderbar umgesetzt,danke für Mitmachen bei den Kreativen Stempelfreunden.

LG
Ulla

Grenouille Greetings said...

GORGEOUS colouring! Perfect trees too! Hugs, Lesley

sara said...

beautiful card tracy gorgeous colouring i love this image i keep seeing it around i must get it !!! thanks so much for joining us at deep ocean this week
hugs sara x x x

Jean said...

A fabulous card, I love the black and white image and the coloured flowers set it off beautifully. Jean x

Giò said...

Stunning card and fabulous colouring! Thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean Challenge.
Hugs, Giò