Friday 13 January 2012

Add Grass at Make It Colourful

Hi Peeps,

Yayy its Friday, my favourite day of the week and in particualr today as we are around friends for dinner tonight.

Today we have a new challenge at Make It Colourful which is to add grass.  I also posted my card on the Copic Marker Europe blog and also in case you didn't know, we now have challenges on the Copic Marker Europe blog where you could win 3 copic sketch markers, so definitely worth having a go.

I have these gorgeous papers by Prima and as usual I have matched my paper to my copic marker chart in order to find the colours that match the papers the best.  I have chosen many colours as I stamped this image with the intention of practicing with all these colours, but as I experimented I liked how it turned out so decided to use it for my card.


The image is one of the new fairies from Make it Crafty called Elven Samenah. My only regret is that I didn't make the digi image bigger but I had spent so much time playing with my copics adding the different colours that it was too late to do another image. I have also kept my design simpler to my usual style as the papers were so pretty that I didn't want to cover them up.


I experimented with the wings adding oranges, yellow and greens. 

I added in the grass by holding my pens upright and flicking in different directions and using different shades of the greens and the Yellow Greens.

Here's the copics that I used:-


I hope i've inspired you and look forward to reading your comments.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:-
Bloggers - Wings and Things
Fairytale - Something New
Craftuscrazy - Options but I have gone for anything new
My Mum's craft shop - Girls
Heartsong inspirations - Border punch or torn paper

19 comments:

Jane said...

Morning Queenie!! Beautiful as always, and that shade of green is just scrum! I definitely need to learn how to do the "bling thing", I bow to your superior embellishment skills!!!!
Crafty Hugs
Jane

Berry said...

This is lovely Tracey you have made a super job I love these stunning new fairies hugs Rebekah xx

Christina C. said...

OMG....this is drop-dead GORGEOUS, Tracy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your coloring if PHENOMENAL! This is card making at its best!

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning, have a great weekend,
chris x

Hanneke said...

Lovely! Love your coloring experiments! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Hanneke

coldwaters2 said...

Wowww Tracy this is stunning, your colouring of that beautiful image is perfection, the colours, design and embellishments are superb.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sudha said...

LOvely creation. Love this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

angelwhispers said...

Wow Tracy this is just amazing what a wonderful image and your colouring well its just perfect! Chanelle xxx

Shelby said...

Beautiful work! Love the depth you've created with the image!

Unknown said...

Wow what an absolutely stunning card Tracy! I LOVE that image and your colouring is drop dead gorgeous!! Have a great weekend, hugs Frea

Jayne A said...

Fantastic colouring. I love the colour combination.

Jayne
x

Dena said...

Wow! this is stunning Tracy! Those papers are a must have item!!! I am the same way about making sure they show if I love the paper! The wings are such a drop dead gorgeous color!!!! Wow! Soooo pretty!
Did you get my email? I sent it about 4 days ago.
Hugs, Dena

Unknown said...

I love that stamp and your colouring is amazing hun! :)
A great card!! *-* :)
Thanks for joining us at FTC!
hugs
Nina

Unknown said...

I love that stamp and your colouring is amazing hun! *-*
Great card! :)
hugs
Nina

Thanks for joining us at FTC!

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful, love the coloring.

Jill said...

wow a stunning card Tracy thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

Tracy Heaton said...

Great card. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at MMCS.
Tracy x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- so pretty- fun to see you joining in the bloggers challenge!

Ida said...

Gorgeous card. Lots of great detail on this card make it extra special.