Saturday 23 June 2012

Cool and warm Greys

Hi Peeps,

It's my turn to do a tutorial on the Copic Marker Europe Blog and as I liked the Black and White look I created using cool greys and warm greys that I created a few weeks back I thought I'd show you how I achieved it.  I know there are many tutorials on how to colour black so not to bore you I have already coloured this section, but I thought I would just show you how I colour the face in black and white.

I have chosen the image Please Don't Let It Fly by Zindy Nielsen and we'll start colouring the face using C3, C1, C00.




Start with C3 and add your shadows where you think they will be.


Blend out using C1

And blend out again using C1 and I went one step further and blended to the lighter areas using C00

I then proceeded to follow the same process for all other skin areas


I then went back to the stubbly area on the Gentlemen and added some stippled C7 (dots) 

Now I start to colour the shirt using the Warm Greys.  I started with W3 and again outlined where I wanted my darker areas to be.  Google images of shirts and see how the folds are.

I then blended the W3 out with W1

And then blended the W1 out with W0.

When I had done this I wasn't entirely happy with the result so I went over it and repeated the steps using W5, W3, W1 and this is the result.



And here's my finished card.  I hope you like my vintage black and white and will give it a go.


Ingredients:-
Image Please Don't let It Fly by zindy Nielsen available from Crafts and Me
Paper is Marianne Design La Musique 6 x 6 paper pad
Frame created using the New Marianne Designs Creatables Frames 4
Postcard and Paris stamp are from Marianne Designs New Release  Stamp Sets
Pom Pom Trim by Marianne Designs

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:-
2 Sisters - Anything Goes
Chocolate Coffee Cards - Coffee and Cream

10 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Tracy thanks for the fantastic tutorial will have a go haven't tried black and white images yet. Stuning card, beautiful layout. Caroline xxx

Carol Willis said...

WOW! Brilliant tutorial Tracy, thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Caz x

Jane said...

Very nice tutorial my friend
Hugs
Jane

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow Tracy! What a lovely tutorial....your shading is just so perfect...I love his shirt and stubble the best :D Awesome!

Janine said...

Thanks so much for a great tutorial. I've coloured monotone with E Nos (lots of choice) but not with so few Cs and Ws. You make it look so easy.
Hugs, Janine xx

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy, just got your ferris wheel post on MIC by email and just had to pop over to express my utter and total admiration! Stunning, no other word for it. And then I find this brilliant card, love those grey shades on the image! HUgs, Frea

Kerri said...

very awesome!!!!!

Shelby said...

Beautiful work! Love the cools and the warms together...looks wonderful

Shelby

Tracey said...

Hi Tracy, this is wonderful. I haven't been game to try black and white yet! Thank you for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges for our challenge this fortnight.I hope to see you there again soon.
Tracey
x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Super tutorial! Super card! Hugs, Lesley