Tuesday 15 November 2011

Light Source From a Lantern

Hi Peeps,

Well I did have my card ready last week but because of the grim winter weather I couldn't get a decent photo so I waited until the weekend, but was so busy that I didn't get round to posting it.  This is my DT card for Make It Colourful with the theme of "light source from a lantern" .  I have used Magnolia images which I actually purchased last year and never got round to inking, think were all guilty of this,  and complimented the card with snowflake chipboard pieces and a swirly corner, both available from Make It Crafty. I embossed them with silver embossing powder and they really come out looking very metallic.



I used my favourite Poinsetta Die from Marianne Designs and cut it out using some flock paper and it embossed lovely, so it has a lovely soft texture.


I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:-

My Time to Craft - Two of something (two stamps)
Oldie but a goodie - Let it snow
Shopping our stash - Use a stamp you haven't inked before
Pile it on just- Traditional Christmas
Just Magnolia - Black, grey, red & white (I have used all these colours in my colouring)
Stamptacular - Punch it


27 comments:

Diny Sprakel said...

Hi Tracy, what a nice winterscene, you catched the light source very good love the little yellowish glow on her greetings Diny

Berry said...

Completely stunning work Tracey so beautifully coloured hugs Rebekah xx

Kate said...

Beautiful, stunning card, love it.

** Kate **

Christina C. said...

Hi Tracy.....what a stunning Masterpiece you created here. This is breathtaking...phenomenal work!!!!!

Ally said...

This is really so very pretty, love the cute scene!
Hugs, Alessandra

Joey said...

Just AMAZING!!! I am blown away by this Tracy. Joey x

nessy said...

oh tracy what a stunning scene you have created and all so beautifully coloured ~AMAZING!!
vanessa xx

Renkata said...

Sensational colouring.

CraftyC said...

Totally gorgeous card Tracy, a beautiful scene
Clairex

Cordine said...

It's absolutely stunning!
Hugs
Cordine

Cathy Lee said...

This is lovely, Tracy! Great coloring for light source from your lantern. Magnolia Ink had a tutorial on that last issue and I can't wait to try it.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Donna Ellis said...

beautiful colors and details! love how the sweetness and superb coloring endear the setting!

Janice said...

A really pretty card, just love the scene you have created. Thank you so much for joining us at An Oldie But A Goodie - do hope you'll join us again, Jx

Alica said...

totally amazing - love the colors, your coloring and the embellishments too!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely stunning card Tracy that little scene is wonderful Tilda is beautiful, I love this so much.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Heleen said...

Ohh my gosh what a beautifull creation!!! Thanks for joining us at stamptacular sunday and I wish you luck on the challenge. Hope we see you soon again at stamptacular.

Hugs,
Heleen

Anne said...

It's so pretty. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful, Love the scene you've created, just lovely!
hugs Julie P

Karen said...

Gorgeous card. Great coloring.

Karen

Iulia said...

Oh, this is absolutely gorgeous Tracy! Your coloring never ceases to amaze me; love your little scene and the way the light source reflects on Tilda's coat! This is such a beautiful interpretation of winter time!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Magnolia for our color challenge!
PS> I have a blog candy if you're interested:)
Hugs, Iulia

Chris said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Tracy! I love your creation. The colors are just perfect.

XO,
Chris Christensen

Only By His Grace said...

Wow! this is sensational Tracy. I love this scene and so want that background winter scene stamp. You have done an awesome job. I love your coloring and the Poinsettia looks great.
Hugs Maz

Elle said...

This is so BEAUTIFUL! I love the pretty poinsetta embellishment and the colors that you chose for your card.

Linda Palmer said...

This is really gorgeous. I love everything about it. Gorgeous coloring too.

cabio's craft corner said...

Amazing coloring Tracy and love the beautiful scenery on this gorgeous Christmas card!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Unknown said...

Wow absolutely stunning and the coloring is gorgeous!!!!!! Wow what a work of art!!!!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x