Sunday 20 October 2013

Chocolate and Coffee


Morning Everyone,

Sunday already, and hopefully a crafting day for me.  I've not had the best of weeks, with the Home requesting a DNR form to be completed for my MIL and my Mum deciding she no longer needs carers and then my bank card being used fraudulently, so crafting time has been on the back burner so hopefully today I can lock myself away and get caught up.

Soooooo, just look at this yummy picture........ ummmmm.  Would go well with a cup of coffee, right.  Well this photo is the inspiration photo over at The Ribbon Girl colour challenge for the month of October and when I saw this picture I just had to jump at the opportunity to guest again.  As some of you will know, monochromatic used to scare me, but now I just love it, especially the browns, my favourite mono colours.




So here's what I came up.  Not 100% happy with the colouring but I ran out of time :(  The little Angel is by CCDesigns from their latest release.  I have edged all the papers with walnut distress ink and added some shabby white frantage around the image.


I have used one of the snowflake pins, my oh my they are gorgeous and just look at the broach.  I have made it so that it can be removed from the card by unpinning, so it is like a gift on a card.


O.K. so I had to photograph the broach for you, isn't it magnificent?




Don't forget to hop over to the Ribbon Girl challenge blog and get more inspiration.




Hugs Tracy x

Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

Julye said...

Fab card love all the details, can I ask please when you give this to someone do you make a box or does it fit in an envelope?
really stunning either way thanks for sharing.

Blankina said...

Sounds you had a difficult week , hope you Sunday will be relaxing and creative, this card is so lovely!!
Sweet image and monochrome brown cards are one of my favourites!!

Hugs Blankina

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning Tracy, such a cute image and all your detailing is just so beautiful.
Sorry to hear that your week has not been too good, I hope next week is better for you
hugs Sue xx

Shazza said...

sorry you are having a tough time of it, hope things improve. As for the card, GORGEOUS and that brooch is fabulous x

Jane said...

Just wiped the drool off my ipad - ooh that cake looks good!
As does your card sweetie. Hope this week is better for you
Hugs
Jane

Grenouille Greetings said...

I was planning to look and not stop but this is DIVINE and I couldn't go past without saying so!!! Your colour choices are BRILLIANT, the brooch is sublime and I love all your prettily inked hangy out bits! Hugs, Lesley