Tuesday 15 October 2013

Violet Vintage

Morning Everyone,

Where did the weekend go?  I've spent most of it on my knees, lol.  We recently decorated the hall, stairs and landing so I needed a new curtain for the front door to keep the draft out in the winter.  So  I decided to actually try and make it myself and use my sewing machine for actually sewing material instead of cards, lol.   I know nothing about making curtains so this was my first attempt.  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, it was hard work  laying it out on the lounge floor about a thousand times.  I messed up matching the pattern by about 1cm, which is annoying but you'd have to look for it to know it.  There was a lot of measuring and pinning, measuring and pinning, all done on the lounge floor and on my knees, oh and yeah ironing the seams.  Any way I need another weekend, my back is killing me and I'm knackered and I didn't get any crafting done.

The theme this week is a popular one with the Girls at LLC, It's "Maya's Autumn Basics".  These papers are gorgeous.  I have used Vintage Basics VI and it matches perfectly to the Maya Road Vintage Scallop Pink Lace which is currently on sale.

 The image is Violet Vintage by Saturated Canary and I have added some shabby white frantage around the edges.

The flower display is made up of foam flowers, kortandgodt rolled roses, cosmo daisy, flower spray, 10 and 15mm roses and 20mm wild rose and in the middle one of the new beaded berries in pink.

Have you seen the new Prima Junkyard Water Taps.  OMG, they are just sooooo cute.  Behind the scenes the DT have been drooling over them and now they are here at LLC.  I have placed one on a bark heart, which have just arrived  back in stock.  The bark heart was painted with white gesso.


Here's the tag which is placed into a mini envelope.  It is tied with lace and 3mm pearl string and finished with a butterfly charm.


I have also used some pearl string and embossed with Aged Rose frantage




Hugs Tracy x
Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Spectacular Tracy...such a gorgeous card...love the details and colours..fabulous design...gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Miss NiceRoad said...

she's such a beauty!

Nannieflash said...

Hi dear friend Tracy, I hope your keeping well and your pooch, Missy's not to keen on the wet though. Yet another stunning and beautiful card, I dont know how you do it but you always do. hugs Shirleyxxxxx