Wednesday 28 July 2010

Last Challenge at Karen's Doodles UK - White on White

Good Morning Peeps,

Sadly this is the last time I will be saying....... It's time for another Karen's Doodles UK Challenge.  Today is the last one for the current team.  I have enjoyed my time at Karen's Doodles working with all these fun images and design team members and I sincerely thank Ann and Joey for all their hardwork keeping the blog going and keeping all us girls in check.  I would also like to thank Sandy, who behind the scenes provided us all with the fabulous images that we chose.

Now, this week's challenge is white on white, are you mad Karen's Doodles, I don't do white on white, lol.  I found this task particularly hard but then again, you could say I chickened out as white to me meant Christmas and I have been wanting to make one of these gift candles for ages so straight away thought this could be white on white..... what do ya think?



I have chosen "First Taste of Snow" available from Karen's Shop HERE.  I printed her onto tissue paper and and coloured her using copics.  I then placed her on the candle and used my heat gun.  You have to keep it moving to ensure you don't melt the wax.   I added lots of Diamond stickles so she is very sparkly and also dotted them around so we have sparkly snow.


The circle on the top was embossed using one of the cuttlebug folders and came out fab as I used white satin card.  The poinsetta on the top is a Marianne Design Die and cuts beautifully.  I used foam pads to 3D it and added a little pearl to the centre and lots and lots of Diamond stickles, so this is a really glistening Christmas Candle and a fab gift.  I also used a Martha Stewart Border punch and addes lace from my stash and white ribbon for the bow tied with my Boweasy.



Please pop over to see all my fabulous teamies and don't forget to enter the challenge.

I have entered this candle into the following challenges:-

Create 4 Fun - Flowers (poinsetta)
Cupcake Craft - Pastel Christmas
Charisma Cardz - Anything but Square
Delightful Sketches - Simple
Karen's Doodles Netherlands - White on White
Karen's Doodles USA - White on White
Nutty Nutshells - Anything but a card
Digital Tuesday - Dazzle Me
ABC Challenge - P for Presents (this candle) + Lace


Thanks for stopping by.




23 comments:

Anne said...

Morning Tracy
Thanks so much for all your gorgeous creations over the DT term, it's been lovely creating with you. I'm just sorry it had to end so soon, remember to drop by and say hello now and again.
Your project this week is stunning to say the least, truly gorgeous.
hugs
Anne x

Joey said...

Hiya Tracy Hun

you dont do white on white!!! I think you best start doing it more as this is just gorgeous an amazing piece!. Its been fabulous seeing your gorgeous creations each week hun and lovely to work along side you for this DT

Joey.x

angelwhispers said...

Fabulous such an amazing piece of work for your last posting!!! Love Chanelle xx

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Hi Tracy,

Oh my is this gorgeous or what? Didn't know you could print on tissuepaper and add it to a candle..this will be a fab tutorial for our Dutch Diva Gallery!! So if you don't mind I will borrow this technic once and made one out of it!?

I'm so sorry to tell you that you also may not enter the same card/project in the different Karen's Doodles Challenges, HAHA!! ;) So I will let you participate in the Scandinavian challenge!

But I LOVED that you showed it off :))

Liefs, Karen's Doodles NL!

Renata

Juls said...

wow!! Just brilliant! Love it! Hugs Juls

zoe.payne said...

This is soooo stunning, really really gorgeous. Gosh I dont no where to start,love the image and the whole creation. Id love this on my side at christmas u should make a few more im sure they'll sell like hot cakes. well done beautiful xxxxx

Little K Smith said...

Gorgeous work, love the white on white look and such a cute image too.
Kelly.x

Margreet said...

Fab, breathtaking creation
xxx Margreet (GD Karen's Doodles NL)

Viv said...

Tracy this is gorgeous, as always! LOVE the flower on top and great idea with the glitter... never thought of doing that! DUH! Its been great working with you and seeing your fab creations. Viv xx

The Crafty Den said...

WOW Tracy, what a stunning candle and holder. The image is adorable and your colouring is awesome. Love the white on white decoration on the holder. Thanks for joining in with my "pastel Christmas" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x
Ps I have candy on my blog if you want to call over :)

Elaine said...

This is stunning Tracy. Im must say I think all white is a difficult challenge and would have me shaking in my boots, but your candle is amazing!
The image really pops because the rest is white, but I do like all the white, it looks really classy. Anyone would adore this gift.
(Thank you so much for your lovely comments on Poppy, very much appreciated)
Love Elaine xx

Cec said...

Beautiful - trust me, you do white on white. What a beautiful gift. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

WoW...stunning! What a beautiful creation! I luv it! Thx for joining us at Karen's Doodles challenge. Good luck!

xoxo,
Lori

Unknown said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Karens Doodles NL!

Hugs,
Renata

Faye said...

Oh Tracy, this is just beautiful. I love white on white and you have totally rocked it. Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake. x

Unknown said...

This is absolutely stunning. I would love to see you over at Let's Ink It Up here

Bernadet said...

This is absolutely stunning.
I did'nt know you could print on tissuepaper and add it to a candle I must try to;)
Thaks for playing a Karen's Doodles NL!

Julie said...

A fantastic project, really beautiful work

anja said...

great project you made.and thanks for all that beauty you have be made
gr anja

Helen said...

This is gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

shulsart said...

Tracy, it has been a joy having you design for Karen's Doodles. I hope you enjoyed your time with us. Your white on white creation is fabulous. Thanks for sharing it with us at Karen's Doodles US challenge blog.

Squirrel x said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along at ABC CC with this challenge. Hugs, Sxx

stempelfeest said...

Hi Tracy, thank you for joining us at KD Nl. Unfortunately random.org did not select you as one of our winners but the new challenge is on the blog already so there is another opportunity to win! regards Mariska