Saturday 4 July 2015

MDF Christmas Plaque




It's challenge time at Live and Love Crafts with a theme of "Christmas in July". Well you know how much I love christmas but to be different I used one of the Dutch Doobadoo MDF Essentials Circles to create a christmas ornament.

I used Pion Design's Floral Frames 6 x 6 papers from the Floral Frames collection called Convallaria.  I love the colours in this sheet.  I then used the Dutch Doobadoo Icicles Stencil and Structure paste to create the raised emblossed snowfalkes, just love the structure paste as you know, lol.  I added little pearl snowflakes to a couple of the centres.


The new flat backed string pearls were added all way round the edge.

The sentiment is from the Pion Design Days of Winter 12x12 Images sheet.

The poinsetta was cut using the paper also from the Convallaria sheet and edged with gesso.


I used shabby seam binding to make the bow and finished with shabby white bells and white hemp cord.


Last but not least I added a little bark star and the large pearl was from The Ribbon Girl.

Hope you like it.

Hugs Tracy x

Follow Me on Pinterest


4 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

beautiful Christmas project!

Unknown said...

Stunning project and love those colours

Tina Goodwin said...

This is gorgeous! Love the embellishments.

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh...so much of the lovely shabby white! Great design and choice of embellishments.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts