Monday 6 January 2014

Vintage Frost Basics

Morning Everyone,

All the decorations are down and the house looks really bare, guess we'll get used to it again, but if this year flies by as fast as last year then it will soon be time to put them back up again.

So far I have kept my promise to myself of making one christmas card a month and this is my first one for this year helped by the theme for LLC DT Girls this week which is "MayaDesign Vintage Frost Basics".  I have used 12x12 paper called 11th December. Tilda has been colourerd with DI markers and I added little wooden stars around the image painted with gesso.



The gorgeous lace is called Lace Princess Grace and is sooooooo beautiful, well all the new laces that Sandy has sourced  are , but I think this one is my new favourtie, lol.  A girl can't have enough lace.


I have used the new Janaury release Marianne Design Lampost and decorated it with roses, pine cones,  poppies and foam flowers and I have used two pins,one of them being the  new vintage pearl pin and a little touch of gesso.


On the right hand side of the card I have used a resin prima corner and also added a magnolia doohickey tag tied with shabby blue seam binding, pearls and twine and a lantern charm and another touch of gesso.

The vintage wooden birdcase is topped off with a resin love heart and you can see the beautiful lace in more detail from this picture.



I have also added a doily and a star bark heart tucked in just under the star paper.


If you missed yesterday's post the 3D Vintage Nursery Tutorial/Class has now gone live HERE,  and below is a collage to remind you of what you can make.  You don't need to be an experienced crafter to take the class, it comes with a PDF template and I'm with you every step of the way.



Hugs Tracy x

Follow Me on Pinterest



8 comments:

Christina said...

This is absolutely stunning again Tracy!
Hugs Kristel

Jane said...

The Queen of Bling is doing her thing!!!
As always you amaze me as to how much you can fit on to a card....makes mine look decidedly NAKED!!!
Have a great week my friend xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous - colours right up my street, and so happy to see someone else loving those Studio Calico stars!!
Alison x

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Tracy! I love it all !! The nursary you made is fantastic!! You are so talented! hugs, Marlies

Wishcraft said...

Absolutely beautiful card hun! Love that sweet image and all your fabby details :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Denise Gutierrez said...

so beautiful!!! great idea to get your xmas cards started already!

Jennifer said...

This is absolutely beautiful Tracy, right up my street. I love doing 3D things and this one is just that. Stunning, so glad that I have found you through the Art Studio. Hugs, Jen xx
Krafty Keepsakes

Unknown said...

Well done for making an early start on your X-mas cards! I should follow your example in order to avoid last year's mass production in mid December, LOL. The card is beautiful...well u know me and blue. :-) I'd DIBS it but I'm sure many more amazing ones will follow so I'll bide my time...

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @ Live & Love Crafts