Wednesday 17 November 2010

My First Pop Up Easel Card

Evening Peeps,

Not a good week so far again, two more tyres for my car and my Husband's, and I think a neighbour opposite us has reversed into my husband's car, leaving a nice dent, but noone is coming forward........ One day something good will happen to me.

Well I have been beavering away in my craft room since Sunday and to be honest I thought I would finished it on Sunday, but oh no not me. Zoe at Make It Crafty has a technique challenge going on, and time permitting, I do like a challenge, and this time it is to make a Moving Card. Zoe has very kindly put a tutorial up on her blog, and I must thank her, as it took me an age to follow so goodness knows there was an awful lot of work involved in writing the tutorial, so thank you Zoe, I really appreciated it.

Now the difference between the normal pop-up card and this moving style is the mechanism and it took me a few times of reading it only to find that I had got the folding forward and folding backward elements in the wrong place. If you want my advice try it out on a piece of card first so you get used to the mechanism and how it works so you know how you want to place your images as I wanted to make a Christmas scene so wanted paper on my base as well as trying to create a little rug, so if you cut through and it's wrong, then you have to start again. I learn't the hard way, so like I say, practice on a piece of scrap card first.

I was really pleased that I used the Bearly Mine Design Digi paper as I brought this into Word and was able to bring in my fireplace, which is also a digi available from Make It Crafty.  I layered the fireplace on top of the paper and then bring the image to the front. This way I had wallpaper on my walls and my fireplace ready to be coloured. I was soo pleased with this.




Anyway here we go, and sorry if I'm boring you, but it is my first attempt.  I am really disappointed with the photo's but the lighting now the clocks have gone back is terrible.  I need an Ott Light, but I also need the pennies to buy one, :(


Now I have used loads of images, so I'll just point them out to you.  The fireplace on the back wall is a digi and also the photo frame, this comes with the fireplace.  Hanging on the fireplace you will notice two christmas stockings.  This is from the Magnolia fireplace which I stamped out and cut out the stockings to hang onto this fireplace.  The portrait is a little Tilda.  You will notice the presents in front of the tree, this is a Molly Bloom stamp, which actually is a stack of 3 presents but the other one was too tall, so I cut out what I needed.  On the tree are baubles which again are Magnolia and stamped onto shrink plastic and heated too make them suitable for my tree.  At the top of the tree is a little fairy.  Again this is a magnolia stamp stamped onto shrink plastic.  Lastly, is the Tilda unwrapping a present.  So you can see why I was in my room for sooooo long.






I made the tree using loads of Martha Stewart Branch Punch's.  I really like the effect that this gives.


Even though my Children are now 15 and 18, it is still traditional in our house to hang up the stockings and probably always will be.  This makes this card fit nicely into the Sir Stampalot Monthly Challenge of Christmas Traditions.


This is a side view so you can see that there isn't any large pieces of card holding up the images as they are on a slider system.  Looks a lot neater.





This card is certainly going to a special family member as a lot of work has gone into it, could be me, lol!

I have entered this card into the following challenges:-

Make It Crafty - Technique Challenge of Make It Move
Sir Stamp Alot - Christmas Traditions
One Stop Craft - Pop Up Cards
Quixotic - No Square or Rectangle
All That Scraps - Something Christmas using Magnolia stamp





45 comments:

Lizzy said...

OMGoodness! this is absolutely outstanding hun...WOWZERS! so much work has gone into this masterpiece... the tree looks fantastic :D Thank you for showing all the fabulous pics... truly amazing!

xx Lizzy xx :)

Anne said...

woooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo this is brilliant Tracy, love, love, love it.
Did I say it was brilliant!!!!
Anne x
ps. am off to check out the tut

chris said...

Hi Tracy, WOW WEE!!!! I love it, all the little details are amazing. it really is VERY SPECIAL.
thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge.
HUGS CHRIS XX

Cards By MI said...

You should save the card for yourself sweetie! It's a real stunner. It's THE christmas card of the year so far. Believe me when I say I've looked at 100s of them. It's such a piece of art. You totally rock girl!
xMarie

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just stunning oh wow such fabby detail really awesome hugs cheryl xxxx

Diamond Doll said...

Fantastic card Tracy i love it.So much work has gone into this you are clever.Sorry to hear about your cars my oh had to pay out £265 on our car today and just before christmas so i can sympathise with you.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Jackie Thomas said...

OMG!!! Tracy, this is AMAZING!!! You've totally blown me away. Your attention to detail is incredible. Who ever receives this will be so very greatful. Stunning work. Hugs Jackie

coldwaters2 said...

WOWZER Tracy I am lost for words.......just closed my mouth which was gaping open at the sight of the fantastic creation......this is so beautiful, the detail is amazing the work you have put into this is awesome......wow excellent creation Tracy.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

WOW this card is bloody awesome!! Genius! I love it! I just went and brought the fireplace digi I love this card that much! Fantastic work! *hugz*

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

OMG Tracy......a very nice work....i love it....

Hugs
Judith

martina's kaartjes said...

wowowowowow !!! what an amazing card you've made here !!! great job,
greetings, martina
x

Zoe said...

I don't know what to say that could express my thoughts of how amazing this is. Tracy you are obviously a crazy little detail orientated woman like me! I can sympathise with you about how long this would have taken. The TREE is incredible with all the little shrinked decorations. genius! I love how you used the fireplace too. Such a fabulous idea. AND what an incredible job you did of the slider card mechanism. Yes the hardest part is working out where you will place everything and then work out which mech will work best but as you mentioned it really does end up neater. Thanks so much for taking on the challenge and sharing this masterpiece. P.S. This one is a keeper. You'll be sorry to see it go. :) Hugs xxxooo

Claire said...

It may have taken ages, but look at the result. Its absolutely amazing hun - I love all the detail in it too - definitely one for someone special. Hugs, Claire x

brenda said...

Hi Tracy

Such a lot of work, but what a creative gogeous card.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and hope to see you again.

B x
Stampalot voucher to be won here

BlackBird said...

That´s a very special card.

WILMA said...

Wowwwww....this is so gorgeous! It's ART!!! Amazing details! You are the BEST!
Love, Wilma

Dena said...

OMG! I think you should keep this one! This is just the most amazing card I have ever seen!!!!!!! The details are incredible!! Wow! Wow! Wow!!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!

Hugs, Dena

Lau W said...

OMG it's a so fabulous creation ! wow !
xxx

zoe.payne said...

WOW!!! this is stunning, really beauiful. Love it all, the tree is amazing. Every little detail and image is gorgeous. One stunning card. well done hun.xxxxx

pinky said...

Tracy this is fantastic!! Your a genius, love this gorgeous scene you have created and all the attention you have given to the detail of each element!! Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Unknown said...

Hi hon
Wow, this is amazing! I dont think you should give it to anyone, you should have it as a centre piece on your Christmas table or framed, lol
Hope you are ok, apart from the car troubles
Hugs
Tasha
xxxx

Rene said...

Oh wow...I mean WOW! This is INCREDIBLE! Just utterly amazing...I cannot think of anything else to say because I am just speechless!
Rene :D

gina g said...

Hiya Tracy OMG this is absolutely amazing.I think i would keep it for myself too.
Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Crealin said...

Hi Tracy,

this is a stunning card, what an eye for detail you have. You are really talented!

Have a lovely weekend,

Lins x

April said...

This is just too adorable! Love it!

Teresa (Smeared and Creased) said...

An amazing piece of artwork, Tracy! The amount of detail and every little element is just incredible!!! This is really beautiful.

Tracy said...

Tracy this is amazing, I love all your finishing touches and the whole concept is fabulous. Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Narelle Harrison said...

WOW!!! the work that you have put into this piece
is fantatstic, and your end result is FANTASTIC!!!!,absolutely gorgeous,gorgeous gorgeous
hugz
rellz. : o )

Beccy said...

Oh wow this is AMAZING, the work you have put into this card is incredible and what a fantastic result, the little rug is the perfect finishing touch. Zoe is going to be soo thrilled you followed her tutorial and came up with such a great scene.

Beccy x

Brook said...

Oh my goodness. Absolutely wonderful. I love all of the detail. LOVE IT! TFS!

Mandy said...

Oh hun this is fabulous, well worth all the extra time to create it, love it.
Hope your luck changes for the better.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our sparkle callenge
hugs Mandy xx

debbies said...

WOW - so much work you put into this! Who wouldn't love to receive this beautiful card!

Kerry said...

All that hard work paid off..well done its a fantastic card...

BlackBird said...

Congrats for winning the challenge. This card is wonderful. You did a fabulous job.

Maria said...

WOW Tracy, this is fabulous! The scene you have created is perfect and my oh my it is so well put together and beautifully coloured. Hugs, Maria

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

This is adorable and I love all the extensive details you've added - wonderful! The tree is also fabulous! Welcome to the MiC team - can't wait to get to know you. ;D

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Wow Tracy!!!!! I can't believe all of the work that went into this FABulous card! I'm so glad that you won Suzanne's CMC challenge.

Every little detail is just perfect! Love it!

Huggies ~ Sharron♥

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Tracy - I am so happy that you won the Copic Coloring Challenge over at Suzanne's CMC Classroom! Your card is absolutely wonderful and you put in such an amazing amount of time and talent.

I also have now had the opportunity to browse though you blog and see many of your fantastic creations! You have so much artistic talent and it's been a joy to visit.

Congratulations again and BEST of LUCK to you! It's been a pleasure to meet you and CMC! Thanks for sharing all the details with us all.

Hugs,
Lis

Annette Bowes said...

Congratulations on your win at CMC Tracy so well deserved! Stunning scene you have created, love all your gorgeous detail, especially the little angel on top of the tree and loove how you created the tree to. So sorry to hear about the bump on the car, so frustrating! Take CareX:)

Lisa said...

WoW!!! Tracy!! This card is fabulous!! Your coloring is perfect and I love the design! Tooooo cute! Your pictures and detailed instructions are so easy to follow and I am off to look at the tutorial! Thank you so much for the link!! Congratulations on your win at CMC Copic Challenge! Well Deserved! I love your blog and your creations!
Big Hugs!

xxxtglxxx said...

OMG!.. what a stunning, amazing, breathtaking card!.. wow. I was speechless and sat here with my jaw-dropped, and even my husband came to have a look, and said I must leave a comment. :) Wonderful and inspirational, and it just must have taken hours, but totally worth it. Wow, and congratulations.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Judy said...

Hello! I've just discovered your blog and the first thing I saw was this wonderful card. SO much detail but it's not at all over fussy. Congratulations, it's a masterpiece. I love the tree made with the punch, I must have a go at that one. You'll have to keep this card and put it in pride of place in your house every Christmastime. I'm off to spy on the rest of your blog now to see what other goodies you have come up with. Thanks for sharing this one with us, and best wishes for the future,
Hugs,
Judy x

Juls said...

OH MY WORD!!! WOW!!!!!! This is just totally amazing! Hugs Juls

Annika said...

OMG, I don't think I'll ever be daring enough to attempt that style of pop-up...although I REALLY like it!! Stunning card - and I could go on about your colouring for ages as well!!
Hugs
Annika

maribeth27 said...

This is the BEST Christmas card ever!!! I love every little details you created! Great job!