Gosh the weekend's aren't long enough and for some reason I seem to have lost my mojo. This card has taken me two days to finish, yikes!! This is my first attempt at masking a rubbersstamp with a digi image. The digital Fairy House is from Make It Crafty and the current challenge is to "make a scene". There are some fab tutorials on their site so would recommend you popping over. Here's the finished result:-
I used the gorgeous fairy from Lili of the Valley, just love their stamps, with the Fairy House from Make It Crafty and coloured the images using my favourite medium, Copics. The task of making wasn't without a few teething problems, lol. I followed the tutorial for Word and first stamped the Lili of the Valley stamp onto my Cryogen cardstock and then measured according to the tutorial. I then printed it out on paper first to check it was all in the right place before putting the cryogen through the printer. My first problem is that everyone seems to be out of stock of the eclipse masking paper so I had to use a post it note. Whilst trying to roll my repositional tape on the back of the post it note due to several places being rather thin, i.e the wand, neck, wings etc. it tended to rip so my mask was in about 4 pieces in the end., but it did hold up. But I wasn't giving up so easily. My next problem was when I put my cryogen through the printer I forgot to change the size as the cryogen is shorted in length than A4 so my measuring was all out and I had to start again, grrrrrrrrrrrr. So I can guess, you can see why this card took me two days!
Because the image was quite large I had to cut it out, again alot of tricky areas but my fiskars finger knife came in very handy, and overall I'm happy with the result.
I have entered this labour of love into the following challenges:-
Make It Crafty - Create a scene
Lili of the Valley - Sketch
ABC Challenge - D for Distressing
Sundays with Crissy - Sparkly and Shiny
Sir Stamp Alot - Distressing