Saturday, 30 April 2011

Black with a splash of Red at Make It Crafty

Morning Peeps,

Well did you watch the Royal Wedding? I love a wedding, especially a Royal one. Just Beautiful.

Right, onto today's card and  at Make It Colourful today we'd like to see you colouring Black with a splash of red. I have used Make It Crafty's Cordelia Mermaid, which Zoe sent me a while ago and I have only just got to ink her up.





I coloured up her fin with using the C Copic tones and then wanted to give it some definition so I placed some mesh over the fin and airbrushed some red over it to give the criss cross effect.


And here's a close up of her surfing those waves.

Ingredients:-
Image Cordelia by Make it crafty HERE
Corner lasercut chipboard flourishes by Make It Crafty HERE  
Papers by Nitwits
Medium Copics
Flowers from wild orchid craft
Mesh, acrylic white paint, pearls, doily from stash

I have entered this card into the following challenges:-
Wild Orchid Crafts - White plus 2 (black and red)
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

13 comments:

Mau xx said...

Superb Tracy, she is a stunning Mermaid ..love her fins...lol and those flowers are stunning xx

nessy said...

stunning tracy, what a gorgeous card and beautifully created!
vanessa xx

Christina C. said...

Tracy, this is truly amazing...love this fabulous creation!!!!!

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card! I love the waves.

Jen

angelwhispers said...

Wows its just stunning love it and the colours are amazing!! Love it Chanelle xxx

Annika said...

If you hadn't told me I would have never figured out how you did the texture on her tail! I love it! Such a pity I don't own the airbrush set, lol
Hugs
Annika

Kerry said...

Gorgeous Tracy,

I love the detail and its such a great colour combo.

Love Kerry xxx

zoe.payne said...

This is stunning hun, i love the colour theme. Beautiful image, love the extras. Well done xxx

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is stunning, love you colours and flowers, perfect hugs pops x

ellabella said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the elements you've included. They all work together wonderfully!

Dena said...

Wow Tracy! Very cool! What great textures you used!
I'm so glad you joined the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Rica said...

Fantastic card Tracy, adorable image, the colourway is stunning and I love all the dimension and textures!!

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge
Heather
xx

...just Barbara said...

This is too cool! I LOVE that water and the effect you did on the tail - fabulous! It really pulls in my attention! The sail boat is a fun touch. Love this card! *Hugs BamBam