Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Bookworm Fairy Little Notepad Set

Good morning Peeps,

Were half way through the week and I am not liking this rain very much.  It's not a good week so far, I have a dentist bill to pay, a new tyre required for my car and I am in need of a new clutch which is going to be in the region of £400-£500!  Does anyone know anyone who wants to buy some handmade cards, lol, or for that matter cryogen cardstock, I need some pennies.........

Today over at Crafts and Me we have a fabulous challenge for you and will be one gift marked off your christmas list if you join in the fun.  The challenge this week chosen by Gina is to make a Christmas Gift.  My daughter is taking a year out of Uni and is going travelling on 1st March for 4 months, not something I'm keen on her doing but she's 18 and wants to get this out of her system before settling into Uni, so I guess I have no choice.  Any how, I thought I would make her a little gift, to remind her to keep in touch, lol.  I know it will turn out to be skype whenever she rememers or a text message when she has run out of money, but one can try.  So without further do here it is:-


I have used a template from The Cutting Cafe which was a prize that I won in one of the challenges, thank you Regina.  This is available here.

I have used one of the Crafts and Me Hannah Lynn Stamps, Bookworm fairy, available here.  She is sooooo gorgeous.  I have stamped onto the beautiful irridescent cryogen cardstock, (I have some for sale if you are interested), and coloured her with copics.




 Please pop over to see the creations my DT members have made, they are all awesome and are guaranteed to inspire.

Materials Used:-
Bookworm Fairy Image from Crafts and Me
Template from The Cutting Cafe
Medium - Copics
Papers - Shabby Chic by Tim Holtz
Flowers - made using two types of retro punch, distressed with walnut stain ink
Martha Stewart Frond Punch and Border Punch
Heart Pearls available from Crafts and Me
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Metal book corner, swirl stamp (inside cover) lace, ribbon and pearls from stash
I have entered this project into the following challenges:-
Lots of star dust stickles on the flowers (doesn't show how sparkly they are in the picture )

Incy Wincy - Lace & Pearls
Marks Finest Paper - Die Cuts or Punch
Stampin Sisters in Christ - Pink with ribbon
Simon Says Stamp - Punch it
A spoonful of sugar - Diecuts/Punches
Papertake Weekly - Sparkly and Bright
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Anything but a card




16 comments:

Carol said...

Awww Tracy this is so stunning!!! What a gorgeous gift idea, I'm sure your daughter's gonna luv it! I know I would hehe. Such a beautiful image too and as always coloured to perfection. Lotsa luv xxxx

Claire x said...

This is a fabulous gift idea and you've done a wonderful job, looks so professional. Hugs, Claire x

Cheryl said...

stunning,gift idea beautiful hugs cheryl,

gina g said...

Hi Tracy this is so beautiful and i just love the image.
I don't blame you wanting your daughter to go, i wouldn't either.

luv gina xx

CraftyC said...

Wow Tracy, its gorgeous. What a lovely gift and the colours are beautiful!
Clairex

Becky said...

Tracy this is gorgeous. What a wonderful gift. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is a gorgeous project! Thanks for playing with Speedy's friends!

zoe.payne said...

Wow!!!!! This is trully stunning she'll love it. So pretty cant say whats my best bit as i just love it all. Stunning hun. well done xxxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love the embellishments you've used!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Miesje said...

Very pretty card! I am so glad you joined us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

redwasher1 said...

Stunningly beautiful!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy's Friends.

Lynn McAuley said...

Exquisite work on this sensational project, Tracy!

Thank you so much for sharing it with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's die cut/punch challenge!!

angelwhispers said...

My word this is just so magical what a super gift!!!! The colours you have used really make this the most perfect gift and the image well she is just beautiful and coloured so perfectly!!!! Loce Chanelle

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is so cute, sweet image and wonderful details.
luv
Debby

Lorraine said...

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL THANKYOU FOR JOINING US AT SWEET STAMPIN THIS WEEK HUNI XX

Juls said...

stunning!!!! fabulous and creative!!!! Love it! Hugs Juls